http://www.masterofpsychology.com/ : Top 20 Psychological Movies of All Time
Psychological movies are not all about pscyhotic individuals and psychologists, nor are they all thrillers. Some psychological movies portray hope and the triumph of human resilience; however, few film-goers would deny that Alfred Hitchock was the king of psychological film, and his films portray both darkness and possible redemption. The following top psychological movies of all time are just a sampling of some of the greatest psychological films produced by Hollywood (and elsewhere). [click to continue…]
Psychology students often want to keep up with those who have been successful in the psychology field before them. There’s no better way than through Twitter. Twitter allows you to keep up with lots of different people without being too time consuming, because the information we send and receive is in little snippets. Check out these twenty successful psychologists you can find on Twitter.
- Dr. Mollie Marti: Dr. Marti is a performance psychologist and Bestlifedesign.com founder. Dr. Marti has over 13,000 followers on Twitter.
- Dr. Leah Klungess: This psychologist writes for the Single Mommyhood Blog. She’s also known as “the sanity fairy”. Over 9000 people follow her on Twitter.
- Dr. Sam Hackworth: Dr. Hackworth is a child psychologist in Austin Texas. He takes questions via Twitter.
- Psychologist: Dr. George Simon takes questions via Twitter on any area of psychology.
- Donna Ferguson: Ferguson is a clinical psychologist in Toronto who treats addiction, phobias, depression and anxiety without the use of drugs.
- Dr. Christine Blake: Blake is a psychologist and relationship expert. Dr. Blake has over 12000 followers on Twitter.
- Child Psych: Dr.Laura Kauffman is a well known child psychologist. She is an expert in parenting and educational issues. She has more than 50,000 followers on Twitter.
- Our Psychologist: A Calgary psychologist who treats depression, trauma, addiction, anxiety, stress and chronic pain.
- Dr. Jerry Kropp: Clinical psychologist in Vista, California who tweets regularly about mental health topics.
- Encino Psychologist: Psychologist from Encino, California shares mental health articles and information via Twitter.
- Dr. Victoria G: Victoria Galbraith is a clinical psychologist and life coach who offers information and advice via Twitter.
- Dr. Steve Wright: Wright is a popular research psychologist. More than 5000 people follow Dr. Wright on Twitter.
- US Psychologists: A community site of and for psychologists. Keep up with what’s new in the world of psychology.
- Dr. Carl Hindy: Hindy is a clinical psychologist, marriage counselor and author. Nearly 7000 people follow him on Twitter. Dr. Hindy is the co-author of relationship book, If This is Love, Why Do I Feel So Insecure?
- Dr. Phil: Everybody’s favorite tv psychologist is also on Twitter.Over 600,000 people follow Dr. Phil on Twitter. Though today he is mostly an entertainer, Dr. Phil McGraw does have a PhD in psychology.
- Dr. Phil Hari: Dr. Hari is a London based psychologist who focuses on helping relieve stress and anxiety. This is an area of particular interest in today’s stressful world. Drug free coping mechanisms and stress relievers are more popular than ever.
- Dr Alice Boyes: Boyes is a clinical psychologist in New Zealand who uses cognitive behavioral therapy, as well as acceptance and commitment therapy. Dr. Boyes writes a clinical psychology blog.
- About Psychology: Part of the “about” series on the web, Kendra Cherry writes about psychology and science, geared toward psychology students. This is a great place to learn about advancements and keep up to date on treatment trends while you’re in school. There are lots of great articles on this Twitter page, and it gets regular updates.
- Dr. Finnerty: Dr. Finnerty is a clinical psychologist who shares information on the mental health field on Twitter. More than 1500 people follow Dr. Finnerty’s tweets.
- Dr Marsha Lucas: Lucas is a clinical psychologist and author. Dr. Marsha has over 10,000 Twitter followers. She is the author of an upcoming book on mindfulness meditation, the brain and better relationships.
Following these and other psychologists on Twitter is a great way to stay abreast of what’s going on in the world of psychology. It’s also a great way to see what questions are coming up from patients on a regular basis and keep up to date on the most recent treatment trends.
Many of these psychologists are accomplished clinicians as well as well known authors in their field of expertise. Regardless of which area of psychology you’re pursuing, you can certainly learn something by following these well known psychologists.
Having a useful psychology studies online is great way to get out of difficult routine for those busy professionals who balance work, family and education for earning a psychology degree. An online psychology degree can be considered as the quickest and most flexible means to develop a career in human services, counseling or psychology. The online courses are very helpful for those professionals who are self-disciplined, highly motivated and keeps an excellent time management skills.
As far as Psychology studies online are concerned both for undergraduate and graduate students are preferred and are available in a very wide range of specialties like as clinical psychology, counseling, organizational psychology, social services, marriage and family therapy, sports psychology and many more. Some common programs for online education and studies are:
- Online Bachelor’s Degrees: This is an initial step while progressing towards a bachelor degree in psychology or in other related field to practicing psychology or become a counselor. A bachelor’s degree in psychology or counseling does also become a wide variety of career opportunity in subjects like law, public relations, research and administration. A bachelor’s degree program generally takes four years of full time study to complete a bachelor’s program; however, with online course you can complete that program in much easier and accomplished manner.
- Online Post Graduate Degrees: In order to work as practicing psychologists or counselor a master’s degree is the minimum level of education that is required for employment as a licensed counselor or school psychologists and counselors. A master’s degree is also needed for if anyone wishes to work as a licensed counselor or school psychologist. A doctorate degree is also needed for employment and licensure as a psychologist. Online post graduate programs are great choice for working professionals who advance their field or transition to a new career in psychology.
- Various Types of Online Psychology Degrees: If attention is there focused upon online psychology degree programs than there a different type of opportunities are offered and provided to the students. There a few online programs let you to learn you on your pace with ready made programs available to you at any period of time and instance. These programs provide too much flexibility as there is no specific beginning or end to the programs. Where there are other types of programs that expect a student to log on at a certain time every day, week or month and one could participate in a live session or program. Under, these programs a student accomplishes their programs in an environment where he remains in touch with other students as well as with professors too.
- Online Hybrid Programs: These types of program mix up on-campus classroom settings with online sessions. There a student needs to travel to the campus or on campus classroom settings along with online sessions. Generally, hybrid classes are provided closer to the places which are convenient and in proximity to your location. There you can attend weekly or monthly sessions.
So considering all above discussed programs, an online degree program is a highly customized curriculum that is related and directed to student’s individual career goals. Moreover an online psychology program provides a simpler and straight access to their professors who are experienced, practicing psychologist or counselors and provides advantage more than the traditional university classroom.
Knowing yourself or self-advocacy is the capacity of understanding and effectively communicating one’s need to other people and individuals. Learning, one is a regular activity as a need of an individual changes over period of time. There are many parts to become an effective self learner. And you can become an effective self leaner by following steps as mentioned for becoming a self learner.
- Make note every time you are praised: Note down something said about you which makes you happier or make a mental note of it. And keep that note at a place or into a box and daily read that note about you. This will help you to improve your personality to a greater and huge extent.
- Be compassionate about yourself: If you’re feeling somewhere afraid or insecure about yourself than go deeper into that thought and try to understand evolution of that thought and bad ideas. You can act as a friend to yourself and console yourself against that adversary and situation that depress or insecure you.
- Also Praise Something in You Daily: Though praising oneself is considered to be boasting yet self approvals makes ones confident to a level. It is sort of self love that makes one happier than others and become more true to one selves.
- Love yourself being like your own friend: This you can do by closing your eyes and thinking about yourself as a person who you deeply love and trust being like a lover and friend this way you become and goes more closely and nearer to you.
- Make a list of what people like in you: For the purpose you can ask your friends and close ones about the qualities and features that they like most in you and thus learning that you can improve yourself during your daily routine life and activities.
- Learn about self criticism: There are many thoughts of self criticism that many a time comes over us many a time. A person therefore should listen about them and should improve temperament and habits accordingly based upon self criticism.
- Learn that you can only improve yourself: Some times you fail to get that much love and appreciation that you need and desires for yourself from yourself and family. But the kind of love you need that you can get by self appraising and love. So get connected with that little child inside you that needs that much love and acceptance.
- Use Affirmations: Moreover, as much you would listen about yourself, so you should note down some good points about you at a place and keep repetitively look at them. The points should be like as, I utterly and completely deserve love and kindness; I am a very loveable person, etc.
An online master in psychology is the first step in upgrading your career prospects in this highly valuable field. With this degree you are able to work in just about any professional setting and this may include in the corporate field as an industrial psychologist; in the field of sport as a sports and nutritional specialist; or one may also work in the medical facilities as well as in government and non-governmental sectors. A master of psychology offers you the advantage of taking up an academic or a non-academic career either of which allow you to help people at a very personal level. In addition to these options one may also decide to start their own practice within the community. Trends show that psychologists are amongst the most on demand professionals due to various factors such as high retirement rates and equally high rates of mental disorders, and the general need for psychological guidance.
An online master in psychology degree allows you the flexibility that a classroom setting does not. This is especially so if you have other commitments such as family and work; so you are able to keep earning while still upgrading your professional and academic life. An online degree program does however demand that you show a lot of discipline to clear the program in the prescribed time. There are a good number of higher learning institutions that offer accreditation for a master in psychology online programs that you may get into. Given that this is a very specialist field of study most of these programs will have very stringent admission requirements and some may require proof of working experience. Universities offering online degree programs in Master in Psychology have more or less the same prerequisites for their online students as those that are taking actual classroom sessions.
Given that there are numerous higher learning institutions claiming to offer online Master in Psychology programs, it is important that one does their research thoroughly. It is a fundamental consideration to ensure that the accreditation being offered by this online program is recognized by the national bodies that are concerned with the country’s psychology programs. Ensure that the degree will meet your career and professional objectives with regard to the areas of specialization that you would like to take up. The program rankings are also an important thing to factor in before one settles for any of the universities offering online master in psychology.
In conclusion, the average salary for an individual with a Master in Psychology is bound to be higher than that of most professionals. Although this is determined by various factors such as the level of experience, the field of specialization and its marketability as well as the working environment. This is a very lucrative field and taking up an online master in psychology sooner rather than later may just be the boost that your professional life requires.